Privacy statement HDB
Version of 24/09/2020
We understand that your trust in us, is Hubert De Backer NV’s (hereinafter referred to as “HDB", "we" or "us") most important asset. As such, your privacy is essential to us.
This privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as "Privacy Statement") is applicable, inter alia (i) to our website, https://www.hdb.be/, (hereinafter referred to as the "Website"), (ii) our webshop, https://shop.hdb.be/, (hereinafter referred to as the “Webshop”), (iii) when visiting our offices, (iv) when subscribing to the newsletter, and (v) to all (commercial) relations between HDB and its customers, prospects and business partners.
This Privacy Statement includes information about the personal data collected by HDB, as well as the manner in which HDB uses and processes this personal data.
HDB wishes to emphasize that it always attempts to act in accordance with (i) the Belgian Privacy Law of 30 July 2018 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, (ii) the EU Regulation of 2016 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, regarding the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC and/or (iii) all (future) Belgian laws regarding the implementation of this Regulation or any other legislative act that modifies it.
Visiting the Website/Webshop, visiting our offices, placing an order online via the Webshop, purchasing our products, appealing on our services, requesting a quote, placing an order, sending the communication form, as well as any communication with HDB implies your explicit approval (through disclosure of your personal information or opt-in) of the Privacy Statement and consequently how we collect, use and process your personal data.
I. Types of personal data
HDB can collect and process the following personal data:
- First Name
- E-mail address
- Delivery address
- Billing address
- Payment details
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile phone)
- Fax (if relevant)
- Preferred means of communication
- Camera footage
- Social media data
- All other personal data voluntarily communicated to HDB (e.g. during correspondence, by completing the contact form, etc.)
HDB also automatically collects anonymous information regarding your use of the Website/Webshop. As such, HDB shall, for example, automatically log which sections of the Website/Webshop you visit, which web browser you use, which website you were visiting prior to obtaining access to the Website/Webshop. We cannot identify you through these data, but it allows HDB to draw up statistics regarding the use of the Website/Webshop.
II. Methods of personal data collection
These personal data are collected in the context of:
- Visiting the Website/Webshop
- Visiting the offices of HDB
- Requesting a quote
- Placing an order
- Appealing on the services of HDB
- Purchasing the products
- Creating an account on the Website/Webshop
- Placing an order online via the Webshop
- Receiving a communication form
- Filling out a contact form
- Incoming and outgoing correspondence with HDB (such as but not limited to questions, remarks and/or complaints)
- Exchanging business cards
- Subscribing to the newsletter
The personal data collected by HDB is thus provided by you explicitly and voluntarily.
The provision of certain personal data is (sometimes) a condition for enjoying certain services (e.g. to place an order online via the Webshop or to subscribe to newsletters). Herewith is indicated which data is mandatory and which are optional.
III. Use of personal data
HDB can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Drafting and sending a quote
- Performance of the agreement
- Processing an online order, placed via the Webshop, and its payment
- Shipping an order (with or without it being processed via the Webshop)
- Handling warranty claims
- Responding to questions, complaints or remarks (whether or not received through the contact form)
- Sending invoices and collecting payments
- Entering into the CRM-tool (e.g. the customer list)
- Follow-up after a meeting or follow-up of the agreement
- Registration of visitors of the offices of HDB
- Optimising the quality, management and content of the Website
- Creating statistics
- Sending newsletters
- Sending targeted marketing and advertising, updates and promotional offers based on your communication preference and – if any – based on your explicit approval
Processing takes place on the following legal grounds, as the case may be:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement with HDB or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which HDB is subject
- Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by HDB or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require protection of personal data (in particular when you are a child).
IV. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
HDB shall not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless it is necessary in the context of performing the agreement and optimisation thereof (including but not limited to the delivery of services to HDB (e.g. in the context of subcontracting) payment processing and the delivery of products and services, for database management purposes). In this respect, your personal data may be disclosed to payment providers and financial institutes, software providers, hosting partners, cloud partners and other IT partners, transport partners and other external service providers and (sub)contractors and suchlike.
In this context, HDB undertakes to conclude a data processing agreement with these third parties, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy conformity of your personal data.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is however possible that HDB discloses your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) if HDB is obliged to do so under the law or under legal or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend our rights;
- If HDB, or the majority of its assets, are taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data – which HDB has collected – shall be one of the transferred assets;
In all other cases, HDB will not sell, hire out or pass on your personal data to third parties, except when it (i) has obtained your permission to this end and (ii) has completed a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of your personal data.
V. Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient whose domicile or registered office is in a country which does not fall under the adequacy decision enacted by the European Commission, shall be governed by one or more appropriate safeguards (as approved by the EU):
- The conclusion of a data transfer agreement which contains the standard contractual clauses, as referred to in the ‘European Commission decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)’; and/or
- Binding company regulations; and/or
- Certification mechanism (such as but not limited to the EU-US Privacy Shield)
VI. Storage of personal data
Unless a longer storage period is required or justified (i) by law or (ii) through compliance with another legal obligation, HDB shall only store your personal data for the period necessary to achieve and fulfil the purpose in question, as specified in the Privacy Statement under 'Use of personal data'.
VII. Your privacy rights
In light of the processing of your personal data, you enjoy the following privacy rights:
- Right of access to your personal data;
- Right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data;
- Right to delete your personal data ('right to be forgotten'). (HDB wishes to point out that in this context certain services will no longer be accessible and/or can no longer be provided if you delete or request deletion of certain required personal data);
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data;
- Right to transferability of your personal data;
- Right to object to/oppose the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights please contact email@example.com or complete the form for exercising your privacy rights and deliver it to HDB by email or post.
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the above-mentioned form.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about our products/services, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" button, as foreseen at the bottom of each HDB newsletter.
VIII. Security of personal data
HDB undertakes to take reasonable, physical, technological and organisational precautions in order to avoid (i) unauthorised access to your personal information, and (ii) loss, abuse or alteration of your personal data.
HDB shall store all personal data, which it has collected, on-site (Temse, Belgium).
Notwithstanding (i) HDB’ security policy (ii) the checks it carries out and (iii) the actions it proposes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, HDB is, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
Finally, the security of your account will also depend on the confidentiality of your password and other account information. HDB will never ask for your password nor will you be obliged to share it yourself. If you have given your password to a third party, the third party will be able to access your account and your personal information through your password. In such a case, you will be liable for the actions taken by the use of your account.. HDB strongly recommends that you change your password immediately when you determine that someone has access to your account and contact HDB straightaway.
IX. Update Privacy Statement
HDB is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on the Website/Webshop. As such, it is strongly recommended to regularly consult the Website/Webshop and the page displaying the Privacy Statement, to make sure that you are aware of any changes.
X. Reference to other websites
The Website/Webshop may potentially contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you may be redirected to another website or internet source that could collect information about you through cookies or other technologies. HDB does not bear any responsibility, liability or control authority over these other websites or internet sources, nor about their collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. You must check the privacy statements of these other websites and internet sources in order to be able to judge whether they act in accordance with the Privacy Legislation.
XI. Contact HDB
If you have questions and/or remarks about this Privacy Statement or the manner in which HDB collects, uses and/or processes your personal data, please contact us:
- Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via mail: Hubert De Backer NV, Laagstraat 59, 9140 Temse, Belgium.
In case you are not satisfied with the way HDB handled your questions and/or remarks or have any complaints about the way HDB collects, uses and and/or processes your personal data, note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.